In the first session, you will have an introduction to clay and learn the main techniques used to make beautiful, unique pottery. In the second session, we will teach the basics of glazing. In this class you will be able to experience the whole pottery process from start to finish. Let it be the start of your journey into pottery or a special gift for a friend.
Who is this class for?
This course is perfect for complete beginners, or those who want to develop their skills.
Taking a class at Kleistone Studio will give you the chance to use our studio during Open studio sessions (subject to booking and payment separately)
- 2 x 2.5 hour guided sessions (1 x hand-building & 1 x glazing)
- Possibility to make 2 – 4 small pieces of your choice
- Access to all materials, tools & firings
- Location: Kleistone Studio in Kreuzberg.
First session: 2nd December, 10:30 to 13:00 H
Second session: 16th December, 10:30 to 13:00 H
In this workshop, you will be shown two different hand-building techniques; pinching and slab building. These techniques are two of the fundamentals of hand-built pottery and can be used alone or combined to make all kinds of shapes, forms and objects.
In the second part of the course, you will get to glaze your pieces using the studio glazes. After this, your pottery will be fired and ready to collect in about 4 weeks. We will notify you via email when the pieces are ready for collection.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 8 days notice.
By booking a class or open studio session you agree with the following policies.
– Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice, in writing. This means that you will be issued a voucher that you can use to book a future class. We cannot make exceptions.
– You are allowed to transfer the class to someone else if you can’t make it, but that still means the above policy would apply.
– Our studio is for adults. We allow for children from the age of 14 if accompanied by an adult. Both would need to book a spot separately.
– In case the event cannot take place, we will reschedule it and you will be issued a voucher to use again.