Bowls are a great entryway into ceramics and we all know how good it feels having breakfast with handmade bowls. During this short pottery class you will be making bowls with the pinching technique, the most ancient way of giving shape to clay. You will also learn how to refine your shape and add a foot. Pinching is often (and wrongfully) regarded as basic, but we will teach you ways to full express yourself with this technique.
This taster class will give you a good basis into pinching and you will be able to make up to two pieces. Let it be the start of your journey into pottery or a fun activity with a friend. The pieces you create can also be perfect as thoughtful gifts.
During the class, if you want, you get to learn to use our studio engobes in our four earthy colors, formulated and made by us.
Who is this class for?
This class is for everyone. No experience needed. Thank you for your understanding that our classes are only open to adults.
- A two hour guided session by an experienced ceramic artist
- Access to all materials and tools
- Glazing & firing will be taken care of by us. We will glaze the bowls with white glaze.
Location: Kleistone Studio in Kreuzberg
During this taster course you will be able to make up to 4 pieces, with our supervision. It is a shorter, introductory course, but enough time to discover the materials and make something unique. We will also cover a few decorative techniques, so you have the chance to make your set special to you.
After the class, you will leave the pieces with us to be finished. We will take care of firing and coating them in a glossy white glaze.
They will take about 4 weeks to be finished and we will notify you by email when they are ready to be collected.
Please bring your own apron. You can also purchase one at our shop.
Please note that we can only keep pieces 2 months after you have been notified.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice.
By booking a class or open studio session you agree with the following policies.
– Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice from the class date, in writing. This means that you will be issued a voucher that you can use to book a future class. We cannot make any exceptions.
– You are allowed to transfer the class to someone else if you can’t make it, but that still means the above policy would apply.
– Our studio is for adults. We allow for children from the age of 14 if accompanied by an adult. Both would need to book a spot separately.
– In case the event cannot take place, we will reschedule it and you will be issued a voucher to use again.