Learn how to magic happens with this glaze masterclass. You will be learning about basic glaze theory and then you will be dipping, brushing, pouring, using our beautiful selection of studio glazes. You will leave knowing a lot about glazes, how to use them and how to evaluate success.
You will be needing bisque fired pieces for this class (these are not provided by us). This class is ideal taken in conjunction with one of our tasters as you can use the pieces you make during the taster class and glaze them during this session.
Who is this class for?
This class is for everyone. No experience needed.
- A two and half hour guided session
- The course is divided in two parts: a theoretical part in which Elisabetta will tell you about basic glaze theory: what glazes are, what is inside of them, what form they take (matt, glossy, brush on, powder). She will dispel a few myths and explain what happens in a kiln to a glazed piece. She will then discuss examples of glaze flaws and discuss what makes a good testing practice. This information will empower you to approach your practice in a more conscious way.
- During the second part you will get your hands dirty and will be glazing your pieces using our studio glazes.
- Access to the studio glazes and tools
- Firing will be taken care of by us and is included in the price.
- Please bring a notebook and a pen to take notes
Location: Kleistone Studio in Kreuzberg
Teacher / language: Elisabetta / English
Classes will be held in a relaxed setting, with a max. of 6 participants per class. This enables plenty of 1-on-1 time to get the most out of this session.
After the class, you will leave the pieces with us to be fired.
They will take about 2 weeks to be finished and we will notify you by email when they are ready to be collected. If taken in conjunction with a taster class, this glaze class will allow you to apply for a membership in our studio.
Please bring your own apron. You can also purchase one at our shop.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice.
We strongly advise participants to wear an FFP2 mask at all times. Instructors will be wearing a mask.